Les Urbainculteurs are working since 2009 toward the development of a productive and innovative urban agriculture in Quebec and elsewhere. On rooftops and terraces or directly in the ground… we cultivate the city!
We dream of a green and nourishing city, productive and enjoyable, fully rooted in its time and ready to face the challenges of the future. Convinced that the changes needed on a global scale must be initiated at the local level, we are working to develop an ecological and accessible agriculture, adapted to the urban context. One garden at a time, we change our living environment, promote biodiversity and produce fresh, healthy and ultra-local food.
Every hour we work, we dedicate it to the promotion of gardening and urban agriculture by:
We believe that the best way to demonstrate the benefits of urban agriculture is to put it into practice. Every year we design, plant and maintain several urban vegetable gardens, in pots as in the ground, and even on rooftops.
In our wildest dreams, every citizen has a vegetable garden, every business adds green to its space with edible plants. To make you see life in green, we share our passion in conferences and training, in our newsletters, and here and there on the web.
Farming in the city has its own constraints. In order to give you a hand, we offer concrete solutions to grow in the city, small, medium or large scale. In our shop, you will find products adapted to the urban environment, of which 100% of the profits serve our mission!
Why practice urban agriculture? There are many benefits!
- Green and beautify the surroundings
- Eat fresh, healthy and local
- Reconnect with nature, seasons and the origin of food
- Reduce the transport-related pollution of food
- Participate in the fight against urban heath islands
- Contribute to biodiversity
- Promote food security
- Create social ties and share knowledge and crops
- Learn an essential knowledge
- Take action for a sustainable development, by a gesture that has a strong potential for media coverage
- Promote a responsible consumption and a local, ecological production
Store manager and advisor
Horticulturist and trainer
Board of directors
FCPA, FCMA, M. Sc
Mrs. Eisenmann and Mr. Denault founded Les Urbainculteurs in 2009. After eight seasons of passion and hard work, they chose to dedicate themselves to other projects. Since January 2017, Mr. Johann Girault has been replacing them as General Director.